LODGE ST. JOHN 540 CROSSGATES
EXTRACT of MATRICULATION of the arms of
LODGE ST. JOHN 540
David Wishart having by Petition unto the Lord Lyon King of Arms of 18 January 1974for and behalf of LODGE ST. JOHN 540 Shewn THAT the Lodge was erected under the Charter from the Grand Lodge of Scotland of date 4 August 1873 THAT the area served by the said Lodge is in the district of Crossgates in the civil parish of Dalgety. District of Dunfermline in the County of Fife, THAT Ensigns Armorial were recorded in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland (Volume 27, Folio 62) of date 20 October 1927 in name of the Grand Lodge of Scotland, AND the Petitioners having prayed that the foresaid Ensigns Armorial might be matriculated of new in name of Lodge St. John 540, with suitable difference.
The Lord Lyon King of Arms by Interlocutor of date 17 March 1975 Granted Warrant to the Lyon Clerk to matriculate in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland in the name of Petitioners the following Ensigns Armorial
Videlicet:-Dexter, per fess Azure and per pale Gules and Argent,
1st, the Eagle of St. John affrontee, wings expanded grasping in its talons the Holy Writ Expanded Or,
2nd a cross of the third charged at its centre with a lozenge Sable,
3rd, two gates of the last, Sinister, Vert, on a chevoron Or between three towers proper a pair of compasses extended chevronwise Sable.
Matriculated the 1st day of August 1975 Extracted forth of the 107th page of the 55th Volume of the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland this 1st day of August 1975